Velvet Brown enjoys a professional career as an international soloist and chamber ensemble performer, recording artist, conductor, and orchestral player. She has made regular appearances throughout Europe, Russia, Japan, Canada, and the United States. Brown has served as principal tubist with the New Hampshire Music Festival Orchestra and as substitute or additional tubist with the Detroit Symphony, Saint Louis Symphony, San Francisco Women's Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic. She has garnered high praise as a member of the Monarch Brass Quintet and Brass Ensemble, the Junction Tuba Quartet, and the Garda Duo.
- Simply Velvet
- Chant du Menestral (Minstrel Song) for Tuba and Piano
- Dido's Lament for Tuba and Piano
- The Queen of the Night from Le Nozze di Figaro for Tuba and Piano
- Der Hirt auf dem Felsen (The Shepherd on the Rock) for Tuba Duo and Piano
- First Suite in Eb for Brass Quintet
- Tournament Galop for Tuba-Euphonium Quartet