Madison Avenue is clarinetist Wesley Ferreira's first debut solo album, featuring works by DiBerardino, Resanovic, David and more! Collaborating artists include Gail Novak (piano), Copper Ferreira (clarinet) and the Colorado State University Wind Ensemble (Dr. Christopher Nicholas, director).
About the Artist
Wesley Ferreira is quickly becoming one of the prominent clarinetists of his generation. Born in Canada to parents of Portuguese heritage, Ferreira leads an active and diverse career performing worldwide as soloist, orchestral and chamber musician, and as an engaging adjudicator and clinician. He joined the music faculty at Colorado State University in 2011 as Assistant Professor of Clarinet following four years in the position of single-reeds instructor at Mount Allison University in Canada. He has been a featured soloist with numerous wind bands and orchestras in North America and Europe, and has been broadcast nationally on both Canadian and Australian Broadcasting Corporations. Ferreira has been lauded for his “beautiful tone, smooth and lyrical playing” and “technical prowess, as well as his sense of line and phrasing” by The Clarinet magazine. International conference performances include the International Clarinet Association’s annual ClarinetFest (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), the Canadian University Music Society (2011), and the International Clarinet and Saxophone Festival in Xi’an, China (2005).
Ferreira has given performances and masterclasses at numerous colleges and universities throughout North America. He demonstrates a commitment to teaching and pedagogy, and contributes regularly to The Clarinet and Canadian Winds journals. Equally at ease performing the masterworks as well as contemporary pieces, Ferreira shows avid support for new music by frequently commissioning and premiering works. His latest disc with Soprano Helen Pridmore, entitled “Beyond the Shores and the Ships” on the CentreDiscs label, features the new music of nine composers, and was recently awarded 2013 Classical Recording of the Year at the East Coast Music Awards. Ferreira holds degrees from the University of Western Ontario (B.Mus.) and Arizona State University (M.M. & D.M.A) studying with clarinetists Robert Riseling and Robert Spring, respectively. He is a D'Addario Performing Artist/Clinician and a Selmer Paris Performing Artist performing exclusively on the new Privilege clarinets.
- Madison Avenue - Nick Di BerardinoHEAR
- Without Further Ado II - Alasdair MacLeanHEAR
- Mikro-Sonata: I. Preludio - Aleksandar ObradovicHEAR
- Mikro-Sonata: II. Arietta - Aleksandar ObradovicHEAR
- Mikro-Sonata: III. Fughetta - Aleksandar ObradovicHEAR
- Sonata for Bb Clarinet and Piano: I. For the Money - Nikola ResanovicHEAR
- Sonata for Bb Clarinet and Piano: II. For the Show - Nikola ResanovicHEAR
- Sonata for Bb Clarinet and Piano: III. To Get Ready - Nikola ResanovicHEAR
- Sonata for Bb Clarinet and Piano: IV. Go Cat, Go! - Nikola ResanovicHEAR
- Rotazione tre - Roberto CognazzoHEAR
- Dissonant Grooves - Jeff LambertHEAR
- Auto '66: I. Lamborghini Miura - James M. DavidHEAR
- Auto '66: II. Mini Cooper - James M. DavidHEAR
- Auto '66: III. GTO - James M. DavidHEAR