Stepping Stones for Trombone, Volume 1
Potenza Music has established itself as the leader in low-brass formative recordings with this release of "Stepping Stones for Trombone, Vol.1". Nine pieces, with over an hour of music on this disc makes it an incredible value - let alone the awesome playing!
Brent Phillips, trombone and Vincent DeVries on piano make this a stellar combination! Brent Phillips was formally trombonist with "The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band in Washington, D.C. He is currently professor of trombone at Baylor University.
- Andante and Allegro - J.E. BaratHEAR
- Cavatine - Camille Saint-SaensHEAR
- À la manière de Debussy - Jean Michael DefayeHEAR
- À la manière de Schumann - Jean Michael DefayeHEAR
- Sonatina - W.A. Mozart/arr. ErnstHEAR
- Sonata for Unaccompanied Trombone - Fred ClinardHEAR
- Sonata for Trombone and Piano - John DavisonHEAR
- Sonata No. 5 - John Ernest GalliardHEAR
- Blue Bells of Scotland - Arthur PryorHEAR