Kenyon Wilson is the Associate Professor of Low Brass and Music Theory at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Principal Tubist with the Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra in Alabama and the Symphony Orchestra Augusta in Georgia. His past teaching positions include full-time appointments at Central Michigan University, Valdosta State University in Georgia, and the Baku Music Academy in Azerbaijan where he served as a Lecturing Fulbright Scholar.
Dr. Wilson has received commissions from Morehead State University, Tennessee Technological University, Charlotte Tuba Ensemble, International Music Camp in North Dakota, and the International Tuba/Euphonium Association. In 2011, his Songs of Distant Earth received third place in the International Trombone Festival Composition Contest, and in 2008 his Kerfuffle for brass choir was the subject of an article in the Arts Section of the Wall Street Journal.
More information and audio samples are available at www.kenyonwilson.com.
- Antepenultimate Tango for Tuba-Euphonium Quartet
- Songs of Distant Earth for Trombone Quintet
- Tubaku for Tuba Duo
- Trifecta for Brass Quintet
- Inertia for Tuba-Euphonium Quartet
- Isle of Mann for Double Trombone Quartet
- Mobius for Trumpet Ensemble
- Dance No. 2 for Tuba-Euphonium Quartet
- Dance No. 3 for Tuba-Euphonium Quartet
- Penultimate Tango for Trombone Ensemble